Monday, October 11, 2010

Reality Is This

I just want to hold you in my arms, and know that I'm safe. I want to be with you always, only parting when we absolutely have to. I want you to be my everything, laid right in front of my very eyes.
But wishes only stay wishes, for you are far away from me now.
All I'm left with is your smile, your laughter like music in my head. I'm left to dwell on memories, wishing more than anything that I can simply reach out and touch you, reach out and turn back time.
Imagine that- turning back time. Making yesterday our present, and not having to worry about tomorrow.
Imagine being able to fly through time and space, back into each others arms? If it were like that, then this reality would be bearable. Tolerable. Understandable.
But because reality is this, this confusing and distorted pain twisted with love and compassion, is tough, and unendurable. It's our absolute worst nightmare, come true to hurt and torture us. I can feel my breathing, see my heart beating, waiting and wishing, that you were here with me.

(17.9.2010)

No comments:

Post a Comment