Monday, October 18, 2010

All We've Got

Sometimes nothing is all we've got. And we're expected to do something with that nothing. We're expected to turn it into something different and somehow valuable, to turn it into a lesson of sorts. We're expected to succeed, and finish the assignment given in these unwritten rules.
But what if you can't? What if that nothing is just darkness? Or a disregarded paper that was thrown our from the day before? What if we can't do anything with that nothing?
What if it breaks us, and slowly turtures us from the inside?
Till not a trace of life is left inside you.
It'll take everything.
Steal your heart, steal your soul.

I hate this.
This feeling, this empty, black, nothingness feeling. It's creeping from every direction, making me clench my fists. Making me shriek in silence, lie in fear. It's so terrible feeling this hollow. Like pieces of me were given away for good. I want those pieces of myself back. Please, just give them back to me. Let me at least, somehow feel less broken. Not whole, but nothing crushed. I just feel crushed.
And I hate it so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment