Friday, October 8, 2010

Back To The Start

Not sure who's reading this right now. Could be no one, could be everyone.
Either way, I feel that I should keep this going.
Get my thoughts out there.

Sometimes I feel like I just need to write my emotions down. What I tend to do is take emotion and slice it up into the smallest little pieces, and then from there twist them with words. I wrote this poem at 2 in the morning, where I suddenly had this brain storm and had to get them on paper.

In Your World Of Make Believe

In your world of make believe, there is no start, middle and end,
It's all just one story that runs right through your head.
In your world of make believe, the sun is really the moon,
Reflections light the passages through your heart's darkened rooms.

Black is white in shades of gray, as you know your world ends soon,
You close your eyes, you turn away, away from your so called doom.
The consequences aren't quite there, in this reality that’s sickly sweet,
You kneel to drink your poison as it's laid down by your feet.

For love is a flower with many thorns, that can't be picked or touched,
It's admired from afar, or observed from closer up.
It pulls you down like gravity, sucking up all your weight,
It leaves you feeling airy, as if your souls been taken away.

It is neither a blessing nor a curse, it is what you think it is,
It can be your savior, your killer or your bliss.
Just know that it's taken your heart, oh so far away,
For nothing more than safekeeping, you'll get it back someday.


---

It's about love. If you try read through the metaphors and between the lines, then you'll understand what I mean.

x

No comments:

Post a Comment