Friday, October 8, 2010

Are We Broken?

All of a sudden it hurts.
All of a sudden, all I can do is think of darkness and consequences. All I can muster in my mind are the "what if's".
All of a sudden, I'm falling apart, burning up from the inside. Wishing that it'd just go away already. Wishing it would stop hurting.
I want it to be easy- but it never will. It's always going to hurt me too much, it's always going to sting. I'll just go home each day and pour salt on my wounds, my empty, bleeding wounds.
It's like the worlds in which we live in are drifting even further apart, and I can't see you clearly anymore. I just look at memories, and wonder if you're the same as then. There are those moments that everything is okay, and perfect, and absolutely amazing...then there are the moments that all that is dear about you to me, breaks, shatters, falls to the floor.
I can't find the pieces like I once could.
I don't know what to do, and I get lost, and forget the good things- I just hold myself together and try to find my way- but I can't.
Because I am broken
Are we breaking?
Is this the best I can hope for?
How much longer will "I love you" be our parting phrase?

Will it mean just that?
Are we broken?

No comments:

Post a Comment