Monday, October 18, 2010

Parallel Lines

We're parallel lines,
Wanting the same thing,
Yet something different.
Heading in the same direction,
But never closing the gap between.
Never meeting common ground.
Never seeing the same ending, the same conclusion.
Always looking at reality through different eyes.
We're parallel lines,
Trying to find each other through the darkness,
Too bright to see in the light.
We're two trains, with nothing but space between us,
But too much to cross.
The distance too far to close.
I'm shattered, and you are whole.
I am many, and you are one.
You are everything, I am now nothing.
Nothing of my soul is left in tact.
We're falling through a black hole,
But going nowhere.
You're soaring through the dark gravity, enjoying the ride,
And almost make shift fear.
I'm hurtling through at terrifying speeds,
Wishing that I could just wake up.
We're no match for this,
No match at all.
We're parallel lines.
Never closing the gap between.

No comments:

Post a Comment