Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Love Can't Be Kind

It seemed to take over my bones and my heart,
That feeling of passion, that love from the start,
My nerves were on fire, my skin felt skin tight,
My eyelids closed slowly as my soul took flight.

Your fingers traced circles, over my hands,
A screaming I thought, my brain couldn't stand,
As light as a feather but heavier than weights,
I gave you my heart and trusted our fate.

You played me a love song while banging on keys,
A lullaby you whispered, as I fell asleep,
Your lips brushed my hairline and lingered on my neck,
A memory I could never begin to forget.

Chasing the sunset, watching the moon,
Knowing our time would surely end soon,
We wished for forever, for eternity to come,
Forgetting reality would soon end our fun.

Now you're alone, as I am too,
Clinging to memory, nursing our wounds,
Wanting so badly to just turn back time,
But darling, remember, love can't be kind.

No comments:

Post a Comment