Thursday, December 23, 2010

Little Room

I'll build a room on the corner of this earth, where I can lose myself in absolutely nothing at all, just the air and the colours of purity that exist inside the feelings of serenity.

I won't have to feel love or hate, as I'll be looking at the world from the outside in.
This room will be my safety blanket, my guarantee to calm.
I will find myself here, and my soul will recreate itself anew.
Scarlet blood will turn cherry red, and these grey eyes of mine will soften, and go back to being a light, baby blue.
Just thinking about it, makes me feel better already. At least now I have enough strength to face another day, of the exact opposite.
Oh society, judgement, lies twisted with fear. All plastered together will a fake smile, and willpower to believe in fairtytales.
In this room, this warm place in my heart, I am living in my very own world, and seeing it with a new set of eyes, believing in non-existant things that shine just below the window pane.
I don't want to leave, as I'll lose my head out there.
That harsh, unforgiving world.
Where we grew up.
Where we live.
Maybe there are more little rooms like mine, in the back of other's heads.
Maybe they're like me, and I just haven't met them yet.
Maybe I never will.
I close my eyes and fall back into my corner of my bliss. Let me be, oh,
Please let me be.

No comments:

Post a Comment